Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mark it, Dude

posted by Melissa
Moving onto bowling month.  I have so many reasons I am looking forward to bowling month.  I have dreams of playing in a league and letting my life revolve around bowling, using the F word five times in every sentence, and drinking white russians all day.  I won't be able to pay my rent, but I'll get involved in some rich guy's attempt to fake his wife's kidnapping.  No wait, that's The Big Lebowski.

A shot from the Big Lebowski.  Great movie.

My Grandmother used to bowl.  I think my Mom bowled for a bit.  I think my aunt did too.  Somehow as a child growing up I developed an affinity for the sport.  I have done some bowling here and there, but I want to get serious.  I want to score my first 300 game.  I am sensing a pattern.  Yes, you're right, a winning pattern.

Let's just hope that bowling is something I have a natural talent for, unlike poker.  No. No, wait, I am not giving up on poker yet.  Still willing to let the winning catch up to my imagination on that one.

A new bowling photo will appear as soon as Amy and I make it to the lanes.  Most likely this weekend, since I have tons of school work and it sounds like Amy is pretty busy with her work too.

Any great bowling stories or memories from you all?  Love to hear 'em.

And in the meantime, if you haven't seen The Big Lebowski, go and watch it.  In honor of bowling month!

Cheers!
Melissa

5 comments:

sophanne said...

I had bowling birthday party in 3rd grade.

I was also in a league with some teachers who eventually asked me to not join them the following year because I liked drinking beer at the bowling alley.

We all got red shirts with the names of various gemstones (that we thought would be good bowling names)- Ruby- Diamond, Jade, Pearl-I was Garnet. I heard a lot of "Darn it, Garnet."

Not suprisingly the shirts were my idea.

Becky

Melissa Baumgart said...

I thought bowling was all about beer drinking.
You can come bowling with us anytime, Garnet.
and thanks for the names/shirt idea!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

You for sure need shirts...that is a great idea Becky! I will play if I can use those bumper things. I feel like my belly is a bowling ball!
xx-Dina

Melissa Baumgart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Baumgart said...

No bumpers for us, right Amy? And I bet you do Dina! Good luck with that! :)
-Melissa