Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sometimes you win some. Sometimes you dim sum.

By Amy Baranski

Yesterday I went out to buy a few scratch-off tickets so I'd have something to blog about. I bought four tickets and played them with my husband over slices at Piecora's (the very first restaurant I ate at in Seattle, as an adult).

Thank you Aaron & Jesse!
I won!

ONE DOLLAR.

Geez.

I have this overriding feeling that all contests and sweepstakes are SCAMS. Can you believe that I've only won ONE coloring contest in MY LIFE. (I did stop entering them a few years ago). I guess that's a badge of honor--not coloring in between the lines. But still I want win something...so I can feel that something unexpected and surprising, and that something that gives me hope that luck is real and it's not all just karma or fate or random, and that luck's on my side, and that everything is going to work out well, and that I'll live forever without ever getting sick, and I'll have many friends and be famous someday.

If I could win a Vit-a-Mix I would feel that way.

The last time I mentioned a desired kitchen appliance on this blog two things happened:

1) The auto-correct feature renamed it the Numero Fuzzy Rice Cooker.
2) I got a Nuero Fuzzy Rice Cooker!

I didn't win it. Well, if you call having friends winning then I did. Charlie Sheen might say that. Or maybe his winning was something else, like having friends with benefits and doing a bunch of cocaine. I can't remember. That was like 7 millions years ago in Internet time.

So a Vit-a-Mix. I found an entry for one! From 2010. Sometimes the Internet is so lame. If you know of any Vit-a-Mix give-aways or contests let me know. In the mean time I guess I'll try to conjure some luck somehow.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Here you go - sorry I've been to sick to follow along and get this to you sooner but it doesn't expire until the end of the month. http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/pigs/giveaways/vitamix_5200/


good luck. I can also give you dozens of online sweepstakes places to while away the hours on this month if you desire...

Unknown said...

Yes I love to play and winn to

Unknown said...

PCH IM CLAIMING MY ENTRY FOR MY FINAL STEP TO WIN $7,000.00 A WEEK FOR LIFE ON APRIL 30TH GWY NO. I REC'D NOTICE OF COMPLIANCE IMMINENT WINNER LIST, ENTER MY ENTRY THNX PAULINE...

Unknown said...

PCH IM CLAIMING MY ENTRY FOR MY FINAL STEP TO WIN $7,000.00 A WEEK FOR LIFE ON APRIL 30TH GWY NO. I REC'D NOTICE OF COMPLIANCE IMMINENT WINNER LIST, ENTER MY ENTRY THNX PAULINE...