Monday, August 13, 2012

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Posted by Melissa Baumgart
Here are some other pictures from this month, not taken at the magic time of 7:20pm for the Project.  And don't forget to post some of your pictures on our Facebook page.  I am offering a prize to the picture with the most "likes".  (Prize yet to be determined, but believe me, it'll be good!)
I got lucky and snapped a picture right as Tony Hawk was up in the air during his ride in the skate bowl at Jefferson Park.  

This is my family at Alki Beach one evening, at sunset.
Kids dancing to "I Whip my Hair Back and Forth" at a block party we attended.  The photo turned out a little grainy, but I feel like it captures how fun the evening was.
I love the way the water is captured in this photo.  
During one of the many beautiful days we have been having here in Seattle, I took the kids to a water park in town.  This photo was my first attempt with the HDR filter.  HDR, or High Dynamic Range, photography was recommended to me by a reader.  He told me about a great website that offers a tutorial, only it sounds like you have to buy an expensive software.  Last night I downloaded an app for $1.99 instead.  I know it offer what the $100 version does, but I am going to give it a try today.

No comments: