Friday, August 17, 2012

Photo Project: Day 15

Posted by Melissa Baumgart

What do two twelve year olds do with a box of straws and leftover pegboard from a headboard crafting session?  Make a modern art installation, of course!  This is what my daughter and her bestie created, and it now hangs front and center in our living room.

Of course, at first, when I walked into the room and saw crap (art supplies in their minds) everywhere, I did freak a little.  I ranted a little about cleaning up after themselves, and thought about if these items were recyclable, because that was where this crap was headed after they were done.  When they finished, and after they took down the beautiful artwork I had hanging on my wall, they hung their piece.  And that's when it hit me, this crap is ART!  It's been there ever since.