Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's a beautiful day in the cemetery

Posted by Melissa Baumgart
Loved this tree...it's been a nice autumn here in Seattle.
Bruce and Brandon Lee are buried here at our local cemetery.  Someone was sitting in front of the headstones so I had to take my shot from a respectable distance.  I find it hard to shake the feeling that I don't belong in the cemetery since I don't have any loved ones buried there, so I try to be very "stealthy."
Notice the ground crew in the background.  Were they preparing a grave?  Updating and freshening up a plot with new landscaping?  I never got close enough to ask, although, I had fantasies of walking right up to them and interviewing them about their job.
This headstone was carved out of a tree.  It's too bad the photo didn't really capture much of the amazing detail work.
And, one last beautiful tree.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I almost visited that cemetery a couple weeks ago. A friend of mine really wanted to visit Bruce Lee's grave. It was on our to-do list but we ran out of time. :( We'll definitely plan another trip! It looks like a beautiful cemetery.