Friday, March 1, 2013

Plan for Weight Loss

Posted by Melissa Baumgart
My Plan:
1.  Keep my food intake in check through Weight Watchers.
2.  Continue training for a Half-Marathon in June.

I have never been a fan of any sort of "diet" or weight loss plan.  I have always looked at it as a simple math equation to lose weight.  You just have to take in less calories than you burn everyday.  For this month, I decided to set aside any judgements and try something new.  I know lots of people that use Weight Watchers, and have had varying degrees of success.  While I feel a bit embarrassed to be joining a weight loss program, I am excited to see how it fits into my life, and to lose weight.  After all, Jennifer Hudson says, "Expect Amazing!"

I have been all over the place with my weight since I hit adolescence.  This month, I am sure there will be a lot to process about weight, society, food and self-esteem.  I am really looking forward to this.  (I know, that sounds so sarcastic, but I was trying to be genuine.)

Jamie and I started a Half-Marathon training program back in January.  This week we get up to 4 miles!  It always feel good to be active, and it's really nice to have someone doing this with me for motivation.  I"ll post on the program we chose and how it is going throughout this month.

I gotta get back to my dinner preparation, because I am seriously starving.  All I have had today are some hard boiled eggs.  I need to get my kitchen stocked with healthy options, because this sucks.  I'll post the recipe for dinner later today.

No comments: