Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Could it be the Paleo?

Posted by Melissa Baumgart

I don't know if it's the great sleep I got last night, the amazing coffee I had at Victrola with Amy, or spending money at the Co-op...but I kinda feel amazing right now.  I doubt it could already be the Paleo, right?  It must be the coffee, that shit was so good.  But could it be the Paleo?  Could 36 hours without any grains or carbs have me feeling this good in my own skin?
So far, one day and a half in, and it is the first "diet" that I don't feel restricted by.  I mean, sure, I couldn't get popcorn at the ballpark last night, but that's OK.  The 2+ sausages I had for dinner had me feeling pretty damn good, and not hungry.

I had blueberries for breakfast, nuts for a snack, and turkey meatloaf from the Co-op for lunch with a salad at home.  I guess I love meat (Hold the jokes).  It is delicious and satisfying (Seriously), so I don't feel like I am missing out or starving.  Could this be it?  Could this be the perfect food lifestyle for me?  I always do this, jump all in head first.  Let's see how I feel about it a few weeks in.

At the Co-op today I bought: Bacon, three packages of local sausages, ground turkey, chicken breast, two grass-fed beef patties, one grass fed beef steak and a pork tenderloin.  Add in some veggies and fruit, with nuts for a snack, and I should be good for the week, right?  I also bought a Paleo magazine.  The cashier must of been like, "Typical.  Primal Newbie."

As soon as I got home I whipped up some turkey balls to have on hand.
Oh, god, I hope it's not the coffee.  Fearing the crash.

No comments: