Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Gotta be the Gluten?

Posted by Melissa Baumgart
Berries for Breakfast

Really?  Again?  I don't know what the hell to think anymore.  My dreary disposition, my FIA (f it all) attitude is lifting.  No, not really, but I sure do feel motivated like I haven't in months.  Maybe even years.  I mean, one cup of coffee never felt this good.  Ever. 

I was texting my friend about how odd it felt to feel peppy, and her response, "Gotta be the gluten."  She herself is a Paleo gal and must know how this feels.  I'm not expecting this to last all month, but I am going to enjoy it and get a shit ton of things done in the meantime.  I got pages and pages of data entry on my plate today.  Bring it.

The best part?  I ate all day yesterday.  I never felt deprived or hungry.  If I did feel hungry, I ate.  It was simple.  It was a matter of having things around that I could eat.  I loved every moment of being able to eat without guilt. 

And, the scale is showing a downward movement.  WITHOUT hunger and starvation and crankiness.  I know I decided it's not all about the number on the scale, but that still doesn't change that there is a part of me that loves to see that happen.  Actually, in addition to Paleo this month...I am going to put the scale away.

No more weigh-ins until April 30th.  It'll be hard, but I'm up for the challenge.

Anyone else joining us on our Paleo month? 

No comments: