Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paleo Success!

Posted by Amy Baranski

Paleo Pic #6

Today was a Paelo success! This morning I wasn't so sure it would be. I left the house without breakfast, which is usually a dangerous road to a slice of harvest bread or a chocolate croissant. I ended up eating a banana and picking up some blueberries, cashews, and coconut water from Safeway before heading to the Coffee shop. Aside from the coffee with half-and-half I have to say I've had a near 100% Paelo day!

I'm kind of starting to like this. It took me a few days to wean myself off refined sugar, gluten, grains, and legumes. I'm not going to lie I miss the simplicity and loveliness of a PB&J. But I'm happy to be cleaning out my gut a bit.
Banana, blueberries, cashews, smoked salmon, banana, grass-fed hamburger (with avocado, bacon, cherry tomatoes, and mixed organic greens), and sweet potato fries. The beverage is sparkly water with blueberry/thyme shrubs.
Now that I've added what feels like a sizeable amount of calories to my plate I'm actually starting to feel, dare I say, good. My energy level feels up. My mood feels even. And I was more focused working today. I got excited about coconut water (something I was addicted to during pregnancy and postpartum) and sparkly water with homemade flavoring. I think it's important to always have something interesting to drink on hand especially when you've cut alcohol out and are limited to one cup of joe a day.

That's it for now...

No comments: