Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"You mean not as fat."

Posted by Melissa Baumgart
She is NOT paleo.  And keep away from her treats.

This morning I was getting ready for the day and Tallulah was sitting in the bathroom watching me.  We were both in our own worlds, within 2 feet of each other.  When I was done blow drying my hair, she started talking.
"Mama, I think you've lost weight."

"Really?  What makes you say that?"

"Well, I am sitting here looking at your tummy and it looks not as skinny as before."

"You mean not as fat."

"Yea, not as fat as before.  Can you weigh yourself to see?

"Nope, I promised myself I wasn't going to get on the scale for this whole month, until May."

"You can break your promise."

"I don't like to break promises I make to myself."

"Well, my friend breaks her promises all the time."

Even with the begging and pleading of a 7 year old, I resisted.  I just know that I will become obsessed.  I want to enjoy this month of Paleo, and continue to be satisfied and guilt free with my eating, instead of seeing that number on the scale staring up at me.  Bringing with it, either joy or defeat.

No comments: